MS Project Server Specialist
*Must be U.S. Citizen*
We’re currently seeking an experienced Microsoft Project Server Specialist. This position requires strong expertise in implementing Microsoft Project Server 2013/2016 and Project Online. The Project Server Specialist will provide functional support and guidance on project management process design and software implementation best practices. The ideal candidate will have experience implementing Enterprise Project and Portfolio Management solutions and help in delivering training for the implementation. This position will be headquartered in Asheville, NC, but remote candidates will be considered.
- Install, Configure and maintain Microsoft Project Server instances.
- Configure and maintain Project Web App Settings, e.g. Personal, Enterprise, Queue and Database Administration, Workflow and Task Management, etc.
- Develop, maintain and support custom solutions (templates, workflows, views, reports, dashboards, calendars, schedules, etc.);
- Manage and create SharePoint sites in Project Server and enable workflows.
- Understand the infrastructure setup of Project Server and the dependencies on the SharePoint farm.
- Understand and implement security model for Project Server using the Resource Breakdown structure.
- Create custom reports using OOB reporting capabilities – Excel Services, OLAP cubes and SSRS.
- Provide end user training and support, and develop training materials/Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for system users.
- Perform master scheduler duties and other duties as assigned.
- Develop governance and project management processes that support a successful implantation and adoption of Project Server (e.g. schedule management, baseline management, etc.)
- Establish project reporting/tracking process that supports the Project Management Lifecycle (PMLC) and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Successfully communicate and collaborate with stakeholders to achieve client goals and meet objectives and demonstrated increasing levels of responsibilities.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related field, and at least 6 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years of experience implementing, administering, and customizing Project Server, providing general user support and training for the PMO, PMs, and IPTs.
- Strong expertise and knowledge in project management best practices.
- Hands-on experience in deploying, customizing, maintaining and supporting Project Server/PWA environments.
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting Project Server/Professional issues to support all levels of end users.
- Proficient with Microsoft Project Professional/Server and SharePoint (Project – SharePoint integration).
- A thorough understanding of Microsoft Project client/server integration.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary based on experience
Send resume with cover letter to: